I am all in favour of quick and easy cooking. If I had all the time in the world, then I would probably make the pudding from scratch. But as I generally have about 30 mins max to get together any given meal…well, out come the cans, jars and packets! If paired with fresh produce, as in this recipe, I do not consider it fast or junk food.
This is a quick and simple dessert that nicely finishes off any meal. When strawberries are out of season, try it using whatever fruit is in season. Experiment – food is fun!
- 1 packet vanilla pudding mix + ingredients needed for this, usually milk and sugar
- 500g strawberries, washed and cut in half
1. Prepare the vanilla pudding according to the instructions on the packet.
2. When ready, pour the pudding mix into 4-6 glasses (depending on size) and put into the fridge to set. Only pour half full, so there is room for the fruit.
3. Wash the strawberries, cut off the leaves and any mushy spots and cut in half. When the pudding has set, fill the glass with fruit.