If you have a few leftover veggies in your fridge and there is not enough of any of them to do anything else, why not try them out in this quick, easy and healthy sandwich? Great for lunch, dinner, picnics…any time, anywhere!
- Any vegetables you like! Good ones include aubergine/eggplant, courgette/zucchini, red onion, peppers, green asparagus, tomato etc…
- Mozzarella (whole, not the grated kind!)
- Olive oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Bread or bread rolls (any kind will do)
- Basil leaves
1. Slice the vegetables (not too thin, not too thick) and arrange on a roasting tray. Drizzle with olive oil, squeeze lemon juice over them and season with freshly ground black pepper.
2. Roast on a high heat (aout 200 degrees C) until soft on the inside, crispy on the outside (you know, until they look done :-)) About 20 minutes.
3. Slice the mozzarella. Layer the vegetables and the mozzarella however you like on the bottom half of the bread roll of your choice and garnish with chopped fresh basil leaves before closing.