Quick, Easy & Delicious! I got this recipe from a subsection of the Martha Stewart website called “Everyday Food with Sarah Carey” (link here is to a video showing how to make it.) You can sign up to receive daily recipe emails, which I highly recommend.
This meal is so simple to make (practically no prep), healthy and is really scrummy too. Even my kids eat it! She recommends serving this with couscous, but you could serve it with pretty much anything: rice, potatoes done any way etc… I have also prepared this recipe using green beans instead of asparagus (as it was out of season) and it works just as well. Also, if you find the couscous too plain, add raisins, the juice of half a large lemon, chopped fresh mint and a good slosh of olive oil – delicious!
- prep 5 mins
- total time 25 mins
- servings 4
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice, plus 1 lemon cut into wedges
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 4 skinless salmon fillets (4 to 6 ounces each)
- 1 pound asparagus, trimmed
- 1 cup couscous
- Heat broiler with rack 6 inches from heat. Whisk together soy sauce, lemon juice, and sesame oil.
- On a rimmed baking sheet, arrange asparagus and lemon wedges and brush with sauce. Broil 3 minutes. Add salmon to pan, brush with sauce, and season with salt and pepper. Broil until asparagus is tender and salmon is opaque throughout, about 6 minutes, rotating pan, brushing salmon and asparagus with sauce, and flipping asparagus halfway through.
- Meanwhile, bring 1 1/4 cups water to boil. Stir in couscous and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Cover and remove from heat. Let stand 5 minutes. Fluff with fork. Serve salmon and asparagus with couscous, drizzled with remaining sauce.