Have you forgotten you invited the in-laws over for lunch? Kids have brought home a couple of friends for dinner? This is my go-to recipe for those times you need something quick, easy and guaranteed to feed a crowd (while looking spectacular!)
Ingredients: amount depends on the number of people you have to feed!
- Pasta (any kind will do, but I like to use Penne or Farfalle as they hold the sauce and look pretty)
- Ready-made 4 Cheese Sauce
- Baby tomatoes
- Olive oil
- Grated parmesan cheese
- Fresh basil, roughly chopped
1. Preheat the oven to 200 degrees C. Put the washed cherry tomatoes into an oven-proof dish, drizzle with a bit of olive oil and cook until the skins split and they look roasted (about 15-20 minutes).
2. At the same time cook the pasta and when done, add the 4 cheese sauce. Mix together so that the pasta is well coated.
3. Put the pasta into an oven-proof dish (make sure there is enough space to hold the tomatoes), add the roasted cherry tomatoes on top and sprinkle with grated parmesan cheese. Bake until the cheese browns slightly.
4. Take the dish out of the oven, add the chopped basil and serve.
This is a guaranteed crowd-pleaser and works as well on a warm summer evening as on a cold winter afternoon (when it brings back summer memories!)